Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 1, 2012 Departure from Greensboro Airport to Malawi, Africa

I just spent three amazing days with my brother. And I'll never be the same. Before departing from the Greensboro Airport in his home town, he taught me life lessons that will never be forgotten. Stepping outside of my comfort zone allows me to grow as a person. Seeing the world in another perspective is exactly what I needed. I had never been to Africa or on an airplane for twenty hours. But there I was, with a group of students from Appalachian State that I barely knew. Over the trip, I discovered this group of people, along with my brother, added to my transformation. The entourage flew from Greensboro, NC to Washington DC, then Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and arrived at our final destination, Lilongwe, Malawi. 28 hours later, my transformation hit another level.

No comments:

Post a Comment